As allies, friends, and neighbors, we have been asked to support the Community Forum (see details in previous post) by showing up for the event -- and also by providing volunteer support for several specific task. Can you and members of your faith community help?
Here are the needs that have been identified:
Saturday 6/26 -- 10 to 15 volunteers for set up crew at Annunciation (probably early afternoon -- exact time TBA)
* arrange tables and chairs in the meeting space
* hang up large banners for the platform
* make signs to place outside the building on Sunday
* tape together all the pages of the petitions to display at the forum
Sunday 6/27 -- multiple volunteers designated with "official" name tags (need to come early at 1:00pm for the 2pm start)
* Greeters outside the building to welcome people arriving -- 4 volunteers
* Sign-in table at entrance -- 5 volunteers
* Ushers to help manage seating (and set up extra chairs as needed) -- 5 volunteers
* Helpers for the water station -- 2 volunteers
* Childcare helpers -- 4 volunteers
* Clean up crew after the forum -- 10 volunteers
We hope our New Sanctuary allies will be able to help in these concrete ways! If your community can provide volunteers, please send a reply to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to work out details.